Wednesday, December 26, 2007

By the skin of my teeth

My favorite tasks were, in no particular order: fiddling around with bloglines- it's so much easier than checking each site individually, using the online applications- google never ceases to amaze me with what they offer, and looking through blogs about the library or basically discovering that there are so many people out there who are interested in making libraries very technologically advanced.  
There are several things that helped my lifelong learning goals- all but about 2 of the tasks were completely new- things i had heard of but never explored myself . It was perfect to be 'assigned' these tasks so that I could make myself do them. Although, I still refuse to join facebook.
The format and content were great and seemed to be all-inclusive. maybe the only change would be to make this exercise mandatory for all staff- at some point. 

No comments: